School is out for the summer

Today officially ended the spring season and 2012 is in the books.

We made a trip to Tacoma to drop off an eight that we sold to PLU before dropping the trailer and four boats - two eights and two fours - off in Vancouver, WA for repairs. And so closes the season. The truck will be returned tomorrow and we won't pick up the boats till early August.

I've pulled all of my clothing and tools from the boat house, washed and stored jackets and have already set up the folder and notebook for next season. It's now a game of hurry up and wait.

With summer workout plans out and everyone digging in - hopefully this continues - and Ryan and I already talking about fall regattas in Tennessee and Washington, I'm ready to get this season kicked off again. August is a long way off. Thankfully Euro2012 and the Olympics are between then and now thus ensuring that I have plenty to do and watch for. 3 months is a long wait.

Comments

Popular Posts