It's Spring/Summer

There's been quite a bit happening. I will do a full spring recap later, but it's been a good spring especially for the top boat. I wouldn't call it a record setting year, though in many ways, it has been. 

I would call this a new standard setting year. As I told the boat yesterday, we won't know what this season did for the program until a few more years have passed. But they've set the standard that all future boats will be measured against. They blazed the trail that you'll follow. 

And then be expected to go further. 

Business as usual has been preparing the boat for youth nationals. I have mixed emotions about this which we will address after June 14th, but I have a feeling this is a regatta too far. 

It's been a tough year for them, made more difficult by the new standards being set as well as having a successful season.

Success breeds success and pressure and currently, there's a lot of pressure on this boat. 

I have a feeling, again, this is one step too much for the team this year. I'll expand after Nationals. 

With that being said, here's the highlights for the team for the 2025-2026 season thus far.

* 20/87 at the Charles, a new program best for the women's team.

* 10/47 at the Schuylkill, second best finish for the women's team and possibly the best finish for the V8.

* 12/13 PRs for the spring season including two on the record board (7:13 & 7:18).

* 4th in the Grand Final at Mercer including - likely - the first victory over Saugatuck for the women's team. 

* 1st & 2nd at the Saratoga Invite and .2 seconds off of Saratoga in the final. 

* 3rd at States, .8 seconds off Saratoga in the final. 

* 10th at States in the 2x (Final cancelled due to weather).

* 15/37 at States in the V4. 

* State Champions in the N4 (Began rowing March 9th).

Comments

Popular Posts