Back in the saddle

Well loyal readers, it feels as though fall is in the air.  In spite of what the calendar says the weather has been trending toward late September/early October.  Rain, rain, and more rain.  And I without a reliable rain jacket. 

I found the jacket I'd like to purchase but could not part with $325 dollars - 50 percent off - on a jacket that was two seasons out of date.  I may live to regret that. 

I'm posting my last entry from the cozy confines of Portland, preparing to leave for Albany tomorrow and begin another season with Oregon State.  I'm looking forward to another fun year though next week will thoroughly test my ability to nap.  I work overnight Monday, have meetings throughout Tuesday day, and then head back to work that night.  Coffee and I do not see eye to eye on this "stay awake" business so I may be dragging by the time Wednesday morning rolls around.  Alarms aplenty will be needed. 

That all being said, it's been a short but rather satisfying summer.  Buffalo the city was clinically fascinating and while I don't anticipate ever moving there, it was nice to see.  I feel as though I can now check "Upstate New York" off my bucket list.  I felt as though I were on a meat detox where all there is to eat is meat followed by more meat.  Ordering a salad back in the PNW was a near religious experience.  I don't believe kale and greens have ever tasted so good.  Not all wings in Buffalo are created equal, it is possible to have too many beef on wecks - four was my limit - I tried Buffalo dip, frozen custard, delicious Puerto Rican food, and skipped on the infamous Rochester garbage plate.  I've provided this link because the wiki simply does not do it justice.  Wegmans may be a nice store, but it pales in comparison to Fred Meyer. 

And with that dear reader, the 2019-2020 season has begun.  It's an Olympic year.  Change is in the air.  Excitement is in the air.  And meat is nowhere near my plate. 

Comments

Popular Posts