2016 coming to a close
A quick update - I'm currently rolling on Excel but am taking a break.
First, I've had two interviews with junior programs. One is back east, and I'm probably going to withdraw from consideration - simply not feeling it. And the other is in Seattle. I'm liking what I've heard so far, so we will see what happens next.
Aside from that I'm finally starting work on my long term project. It's going to be painfully slow because I'm working in Excel, and while I'm solid with the program, I'm certainly no expert. I'm also not entirely convinced that Excel will do what I'd like, so I'm looking more and more at needing to write code. I haven't written computer code since college, and even then I was only dinking around with HTML. As solid as I was at creating a text line that could do backflips across the screen, I do believe I'm going to need greater detail and depth in order to make this happen.
We will see what the results are, but I don't anticipate this project being completed any time soon.
First, I've had two interviews with junior programs. One is back east, and I'm probably going to withdraw from consideration - simply not feeling it. And the other is in Seattle. I'm liking what I've heard so far, so we will see what happens next.
Aside from that I'm finally starting work on my long term project. It's going to be painfully slow because I'm working in Excel, and while I'm solid with the program, I'm certainly no expert. I'm also not entirely convinced that Excel will do what I'd like, so I'm looking more and more at needing to write code. I haven't written computer code since college, and even then I was only dinking around with HTML. As solid as I was at creating a text line that could do backflips across the screen, I do believe I'm going to need greater detail and depth in order to make this happen.
We will see what the results are, but I don't anticipate this project being completed any time soon.

Comments