So long summer
![]() |
| Some hardware from the season |
I moved home just before flying out to Georgia to cut down on rent, so I've been hanging out in Portland, catching up with friends I haven't seen in nearly a year, and preparing for what's next.
So what is next?
First, the end of the year team bbq down in Eugene where we handed out team awards, and I was finally able to lift a long coveted WIRAs cup. We'd been told that there wasn't a cup for the novice women's four, but thankfully, the University of San Diego had it, and shipped it to us. Thank you Toreros.
Pictured above from left to right:
* ACRA Women's Small Boats trophy - Awarded to the program that garners the most points in the 4's, 2-, 2x, 1-. Oregon came home with 147 points, easily outdistancing second place who had 81.
* WIRAs Women's Novice Four cup - I won't lie, I think I enjoyed this a bit more than the ACRA trophies. It's been a long haul to this point.
* ACRAs Women's Novice Four National Champion plaque.
I kept a small memento for myself. I took the bow number from the four, and had the six athletes - coxswain, four athletes who rowed, and our spare - sign it. That will go into the shadowbox I have with all the coaching, "swag" I've received over the years.
What's next is a short detox from the season before I begin interning at one of the junior national team camps here in Portland - hopefully - or Ashland. I'm also starting to apply for coaching gigs as they come available, and trying to plot out at least some time to spend with the girlfriend and friends before diving back in next fall.


Comments