Again with school
Another one of those dreaded grad school updates. Abandon ship!
I spent the morning working on the book list that was sent out. The list was somewhat deceiving - no fault of the university or instructors - as the prices started low. $5.99? $22.28? I'm behind this. And then I reached the third week and $151.99. Boom. Well I believe we all knew that the other shoe was going to drop, and I am reminding myself as I look at the bank account that at least this isn't undergrad where chances were good that I'd use the book for a single chapter and then never touch it again. I've got several books gracing my bookshelves that were used for such a purpose. They do make excellent paperweights.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I own a few of the titles already, and managed to luck out by owning the editions listed. This does save me a little money, but I've been wondering if this is a sign that I'm in the right program, or if I'm simply a big coaching nerd.
The jury is still out on that, but I'll take the savings.
I've got about a month left to go and I'm finishing up my internship inquiries. I'm still hoping for Seattle, but I'm not limiting myself. We'll see what happens next.
I spent the morning working on the book list that was sent out. The list was somewhat deceiving - no fault of the university or instructors - as the prices started low. $5.99? $22.28? I'm behind this. And then I reached the third week and $151.99. Boom. Well I believe we all knew that the other shoe was going to drop, and I am reminding myself as I look at the bank account that at least this isn't undergrad where chances were good that I'd use the book for a single chapter and then never touch it again. I've got several books gracing my bookshelves that were used for such a purpose. They do make excellent paperweights.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I own a few of the titles already, and managed to luck out by owning the editions listed. This does save me a little money, but I've been wondering if this is a sign that I'm in the right program, or if I'm simply a big coaching nerd.
The jury is still out on that, but I'll take the savings.
I've got about a month left to go and I'm finishing up my internship inquiries. I'm still hoping for Seattle, but I'm not limiting myself. We'll see what happens next.

Comments