In the loop
A quick catch up for the summer.
I'm schedule to head off to the University of Washington next Monday to check out the graduate program that I'm interested in. I'm pretty excited to be doing this - not excited about the cost of the hotel room that I got - and I'm looking forward to seeing where I hope to end up by this time next summer.
I've got my list of questions with the biggest being my writing sample. I'm hoping that my coaching journal or training plan will count - analytical writing piece - but we'll see. I might have to jazz it up, or simplify it. I'm not sure that formulas, while impressive, count as writing.
Beyond that I've applied for a few coaching jobs. I wasn't planning on doing this, but I decided there were a few that simply could not be passed on, especially given that the UW graduate program can be distance learning.
But right now I'm in the part that I dislike the most: The holding pattern. Applications are out, the deadlines just passed, I have my confirmation e-mails, and now it's just a waiting game to see if I get picked for an interview.
So in the meantime, I've decided to head to Alaska for a bit. I think I need a second bag just to carry all of my coaching binders I feel I might need if I get a phone call while I'm away.
I'm schedule to head off to the University of Washington next Monday to check out the graduate program that I'm interested in. I'm pretty excited to be doing this - not excited about the cost of the hotel room that I got - and I'm looking forward to seeing where I hope to end up by this time next summer.
I've got my list of questions with the biggest being my writing sample. I'm hoping that my coaching journal or training plan will count - analytical writing piece - but we'll see. I might have to jazz it up, or simplify it. I'm not sure that formulas, while impressive, count as writing.
Beyond that I've applied for a few coaching jobs. I wasn't planning on doing this, but I decided there were a few that simply could not be passed on, especially given that the UW graduate program can be distance learning.
But right now I'm in the part that I dislike the most: The holding pattern. Applications are out, the deadlines just passed, I have my confirmation e-mails, and now it's just a waiting game to see if I get picked for an interview.
So in the meantime, I've decided to head to Alaska for a bit. I think I need a second bag just to carry all of my coaching binders I feel I might need if I get a phone call while I'm away.

Comments