Guess who's coming to dinner
It has been an incredibly busy last couple of weeks and it's due in large part to the Open House/Alumni Weekend that's less than 48 hours away.
I'm the type of person who performs better under pressure and this notion of getting things taken care of ahead of time really throws me. I really do like being under the gun because I feel as though it helps keep me focused. When I've started a project well ahead of time, that's when I start to wonder if I've forgotten anything.
While the alumni list is small I'm still looking forward to seeing my former team mates. I haven't seen most of them - ok all of them - since either they or I graduated. I was really hoping to get my old novice eight together again, rehash some of those rather...fun moments and just share some general good feelings again but I'm more than happy to settle for this. After all this really is our very first alumni gathering so we have to start somewhere.
Beyond that I'm pleased with the progression of all of the teams. We're doing fairly well right now and while the numbers are stretched, I think we've got the quality to make up for the lack of quantity. I guess we'll see what happens at the first and only regatta this fall but I'm really looking forward to it.
I'm the type of person who performs better under pressure and this notion of getting things taken care of ahead of time really throws me. I really do like being under the gun because I feel as though it helps keep me focused. When I've started a project well ahead of time, that's when I start to wonder if I've forgotten anything.
While the alumni list is small I'm still looking forward to seeing my former team mates. I haven't seen most of them - ok all of them - since either they or I graduated. I was really hoping to get my old novice eight together again, rehash some of those rather...fun moments and just share some general good feelings again but I'm more than happy to settle for this. After all this really is our very first alumni gathering so we have to start somewhere.
Beyond that I'm pleased with the progression of all of the teams. We're doing fairly well right now and while the numbers are stretched, I think we've got the quality to make up for the lack of quantity. I guess we'll see what happens at the first and only regatta this fall but I'm really looking forward to it.

Comments