Spring cleaning
Today is our first day back at the boathouse. I'm sitting at the local coffee shop looking over my spring training plans, reviewing e-mails and trying not to anticipate too far in advance what boats I'd like to see put together this year.
Once again I am standing here viewing a team that despite the continued issues, could be very fast at the end of the season. On paper I've got the pieces needed for an extremely good 1st four and 2nd four and possibly a decent eight. I'm reminding myself not to count the chickens before they hatch.
This week should be a good week to just get out and stretch although the weather is definitely shaping up not to cooperate. Today is balmy and overcast but Tuesday - Friday will be very cold with a rain and snow mix. I'm thankful that I went out Friday and bought new boots to replace the old ones and that I found my winter weather gear in top shape.
Still despite the impending weather conditions it's hard to be disappointed with the spring season opening up.
Once again I am standing here viewing a team that despite the continued issues, could be very fast at the end of the season. On paper I've got the pieces needed for an extremely good 1st four and 2nd four and possibly a decent eight. I'm reminding myself not to count the chickens before they hatch.
This week should be a good week to just get out and stretch although the weather is definitely shaping up not to cooperate. Today is balmy and overcast but Tuesday - Friday will be very cold with a rain and snow mix. I'm thankful that I went out Friday and bought new boots to replace the old ones and that I found my winter weather gear in top shape.
Still despite the impending weather conditions it's hard to be disappointed with the spring season opening up.

Comments