Open forum
The first official coaches meeting. It's like the bell for Pavlov's dogs meaning it's now ok for you to get excited about the upcoming season because it means the season is right around the corner. In a way it's hard to believe that over 3 months have passed since I put away the stroke coach for the season and at the same time I feel as though I've felt each and every sand grain that's fallen through the hour glass.
Tonight all the coaches got together for some dinner, some wine - for those who did not have to drive - and discussion a lot of discussion about the upcoming season. After a summer of up and downs and a lot of changes it promises to be an interesting but potentially less stressful season. A lot of air was cleared about certain happenings and it seems that everyone left tonight on roughly the same page; always a plus when it comes to cohesiveness within a coaching staff.
I'm very surprised to be saying this but I'm glad I stayed where I was this year. Sure there were some rather exciting job opportunities out there but I felt as though this was where I was supposed to stay for at least the next year. The grass isn't always greener on the other side and from where I'm standing, the grass is pretty darned green. This season again promises to be exciting and everything has to be taken in stride but I've got a good feeling about this year. It might be the euphoria from the meeting or seeing how excited the rest of the staff was for next week to finally roll around but I think it also comes from staying put and not adjusting to a new system or program.
Anyhow it's late and while fall does start next week there are still obligations that need to be fulfilled before it can begin. Recruiting tomorrow and Thursday and basic housekeeping at the boathouse.
Tonight all the coaches got together for some dinner, some wine - for those who did not have to drive - and discussion a lot of discussion about the upcoming season. After a summer of up and downs and a lot of changes it promises to be an interesting but potentially less stressful season. A lot of air was cleared about certain happenings and it seems that everyone left tonight on roughly the same page; always a plus when it comes to cohesiveness within a coaching staff.
I'm very surprised to be saying this but I'm glad I stayed where I was this year. Sure there were some rather exciting job opportunities out there but I felt as though this was where I was supposed to stay for at least the next year. The grass isn't always greener on the other side and from where I'm standing, the grass is pretty darned green. This season again promises to be exciting and everything has to be taken in stride but I've got a good feeling about this year. It might be the euphoria from the meeting or seeing how excited the rest of the staff was for next week to finally roll around but I think it also comes from staying put and not adjusting to a new system or program.
Anyhow it's late and while fall does start next week there are still obligations that need to be fulfilled before it can begin. Recruiting tomorrow and Thursday and basic housekeeping at the boathouse.

Comments