Upward and Onward

It's definitely been some time since I've last updated this and a lot has happened in the interim. Multiple trips to California, renovating a house and of course the ever exciting job search. It was suggested by a good friend that I need to work on my coaching resume. It's good but she could tell that it was clearly influenced by the passing of my father. It was very straightforward but also very generic and something that almost everyone else would be putting forward. She suggested that once things have settled down I start working on my cover letter a little more and beef up the bulk of the resume. It's all very helpful and constructive criticism, something that is very welcome.

Despite the setbacks I have landed a local coaching job for the year. I don't know if this will be long term although I do really want to show some staying power at a program. Still I want to make sure that I'm somewhere that I want to be and while I'm very happy to be coaching this year, my physical surroundings - Oregon specifically the Portland area - could have used an upgrade. I continue to look toward Seattle as the next and perhaps for the time being, final stop. We'll see what next year brings when it becomes next year. For now I'm throwing myself wholeheartedly into this coaching stop.

Comments

Popular Posts