No opinion yet
Interesting article here on www.row2k.com about the use of Vitamin Water and how certain flavors "contain ingredients that are either banned or impermissible by the NCAA."
It's an interesting turn of events to suddenly be having to pay particular attention to what my athletes were putting in their bodies. I loved juniors because I worried a bit less. We stopped them from having Red Bull and other energy drinks, got rid of soda and limited the candy and things were pretty good. Last year was the first time I really had to knuckle down and make sure that what I was telling the crew was on par with current NCAA regs, a great learning experience but headache at times too.
I don't really have an opinion on this article yet although in general if a drink or energy bar or what have you might leave you with more questions than answers I suggest either consulting with the athletic coordinator or director or just finding an alternative. Mistakes, even simple honest ones can be a painful way to learn a lesson and I feel it's better to be safe than sorry. In a time when most if not all of our professional sports leagues are learning first hand what it's like to have to deal with the idea of doping and such, I think it's advantageous to stay abreast of situations and to steer clear of trouble or gray areas.
It's an interesting turn of events to suddenly be having to pay particular attention to what my athletes were putting in their bodies. I loved juniors because I worried a bit less. We stopped them from having Red Bull and other energy drinks, got rid of soda and limited the candy and things were pretty good. Last year was the first time I really had to knuckle down and make sure that what I was telling the crew was on par with current NCAA regs, a great learning experience but headache at times too.
I don't really have an opinion on this article yet although in general if a drink or energy bar or what have you might leave you with more questions than answers I suggest either consulting with the athletic coordinator or director or just finding an alternative. Mistakes, even simple honest ones can be a painful way to learn a lesson and I feel it's better to be safe than sorry. In a time when most if not all of our professional sports leagues are learning first hand what it's like to have to deal with the idea of doping and such, I think it's advantageous to stay abreast of situations and to steer clear of trouble or gray areas.

Comments